Monday, August 3, 2015

I'm Leaving, on a Jet Plane...

Today is the day!!!! We will be heading out to D.C. in a while and getting on the plane to get our son! Yesterday, at church, our pastor asked us to stand up and share what we were doing and where we were in the process. We were expecting to be sitting in chairs for prayer at communion time, but not to speak. In any case, we got up and I talked- I promised my husband, back in the early part of this that I would never make him do it again (I got VERY sick right before a fundraiser at the church and couldn't go and he had to speak in front of the entire congregation!). See, my husband is an introvert all the way and public speaking is like torture to him! I on the other hand...well let's put it this way, my mother used to say that I could talk the wallpaper off the walls! I am generally not shy and don't no strangers. Ok, so I strayed a bit...sorry! I shared about this journey we have been on and how we have been so blessed and thankful to have a church family like we do and that this has definitely been a journey that we were called to by God. This has been a learning experience in patience and in trust. I shared how God has been meeting our needs and that we are leaving today, even though we are still short on finances, because we know it will come. There is still money coming in and last night, when we were l at our bank accounts, we saw that we actually have more money to add to what we already are taking with us. God math is the best!!!!! 
So, as we prepare to leave and leave our other kids behind, it is hard to leave them. They are old enough to handle themselves an feed themselves, but it still isn't easy. We have lots of friends around to help them with anything they need. They are so ready for us to go and finish this adoption and bring their brother home!
We have done our checklists and rechecked them and I know we are ready to go. Please continue to pray for our family- for protection, for financial release, for speedy court dates, for a smooth process (in region and at the embassy), for safety, and most of all for our new son that his heart will not be broken in leaving his friends and the only home he has known. He wants to come and is ready and anxiously waiting, but we hope that God will help us all to make this transition as seamlessly as possible.
So, I will do my best to try and keep this updated while we are gone.  Blessings from the Turner family!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment